About the Student Handbook 2022–23
Welcome to the Student Handbook Online. This web-based document provides access to information about services and resources for students as well as policies and procedures. Please be aware that all students are responsible for reading and knowing the contents of this handbook.
The Student Handbook is more than just a policy manual. It includes information about campus resources (academic and otherwise), social events, safety information, the complete text of the SGA Constitution and Bylaws and more. The Handbook lists offices, how to contact them and which offices you may need to go to for particular information.
While you may wish to locate a specific resource or policy, the handbook is designed to facilitate a reading from beginning to end. The link below will take you to the contents page. Each page contains links at the bottom of the page to the previous page and the next page. By using the Next Page link, it is possible to read the complete document from beginning to end. The entire handbook can be viewed at once for printing using the Print Friendly Outline button in the menu.
The Office of Student Affairs is responsible for maintaining the handbook and welcomes your suggestions, in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 EXPECTATIONS 2022-2023
学生 are expected to follow all safety measures to lower and prevent the risk of spreading COVID-19; failure to do so could result in disciplinary action up to and including separation from the college. To that end, we expect the following:
By arriving at Smith College, for residential living and to attend classes during the 2022-2023 school year, each student attests that:
- They are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- They have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- If they have been named a close contact in the last 10 days they will follow CDC Guidelines for travel and public engagement
- If they develop symptoms of COVID-19, they will take a self-administered antigen (rapid) and PCR test at the Schacht Center testing kiosk and email email@example.com if they need assistance or have questions.
- They will report any COVID-19 positive test to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time policies do change mid-year. When necessary those changes are incorporated into the current handbook text. Additionally, sometimes minor changes are made to correct errors in the text. A page of Errata & Changes has been established to document these changes throughout the year.